houdini fx training
real-time & interactive
after effects training
vfx specials training
Fusion Studio 16 Basics
TRAINING COURSE – Blackmagic Design Fusion Studio 16
Helge Maus about Fusion and his reasons for using this powerful VFX-compositing tool:
As an alternative to our trainings in NUKE / NUKEX we also offer trainings or online-coachings in Blackmagic Design Fusion Studio 16 for vfx-compositing and motion graphics.
"The world’s most advanced visual effects, 3D, VR and motion graphics solution!"
In my opinion, Blackmagic Design Fusion 9 represents the connection between Adobe After Effects and The Foundry NUKE / NUKEX. Whereas you have to buy different plugins in other software tools and have to invest a lot of money, Fusion Studio 16 offers many of the tools already built in.
The free Plugin Reactor (https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckless/) gives you access to hundreds more plug-ins and workflow tools.
If you want to use the features of Fusions 16 for free, you find a Fusion workspace in DaVinci Resolve 16 (https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/at/products/fusion/).
What makes Fusion Studio 16 so special?
>> It offers Out-of-the-Box the following outstanding features:
- Particle System (2D and 3D)
- 3D-System with advanced Shading
- 3D-Integration for cameras and objects
- Deep Integration
- Professional Keyer (Primate, DeltaKeyer)
- Planar Tracking
- 3D-Camera Tracking
- Stereoscopic Tools (Fusion Studio)
- Integration with DaVinci Resolve 16
In addition, it is node-based, like many other professional VFX tools (SideFX Houdini, The Foundry NUKE, or also Allegormic Substance Designer). Therefore, procedural thinking is very much in line with the work approach in production.
- Basics User Interface
- Use of Viewers
- Wipes and Comparisons
- Working with Timeline, Keyframes & Animations-Curves (Splines)
- Slider & Defaults
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Loader & Saver
- Linear Workflow / Bit-Depth in Compositions
- Working with Colors
- Vectorscope, Waveform, 3D-Histogram
- Unpremult / Premult
- Greenscreen & Keying
- Corner Pins & Image Integration
- Stabilizing of the Footage
- Planar Tracking
- Multichannel EXR Workflow
- Compositing 3D-Renders
- Fusion Effects like Blurs, Glows, Defocus
- Import OBJ, FBX & ALEMBIC
- 3D-Objects, Lights & Materials / Shader
- 3D-Particle Systems
- Fog & Atmosphere
- Lens Distortion Workflow
- Camera Tracker
- 3D-Image Planes
- Deep Pixel / Deep Compositing
- First Motion Graphics Scene with Text, Replicators
- First Matte Painting Workflows
- Roundtrip between DaVinci Resolve and Fusion
- VR-Workflow (Fusion Studio)
The training can be done with the free version of Fusion. Owners of Fusion Studio can use additional features, which will then be discussed separately.
More Information on BlackmagicDesign Fusion Studio 16: